For more information about the COVID-19 vaccination programme, including FAQs, please visit this website: https://www.sussexhealthandcare.uk/keepsussexsafe/sussex-covid-19-vaccination-programme
Who can get a COVID-19 vaccine?
COVID-19 vaccines are now available for:
- Children and young people aged 12 to 17
- Everyone aged 18 or over
The Government this week has approved COVID-19 vaccination for 12 to 15 year olds and the autumn booster campaign.
- Read more about vaccinations for 12 to 15 year olds.
- Read more about the autumn booster vaccinations.
How to get your COVID-19 vaccine
The COVID-19 vaccines currently available are given in 2 doses for all adults and some children. You usually have the 2nd dose 8 weeks after the 1st dose.
If you’re aged 18 or over (or will turn 18 within 3 months) you can:
- book your COVID-19 vaccination appointments online or by calling 119 free of charge
- find a walk-in COVID-19 vaccination session where you can get vaccinated without needing an appointment
- book your appointment directly with your GP led local vaccination service when they contact you
If you call 119, you can speak to a translator if you need to.
If you have difficulties communicating or hearing, or are a British Sign Language (BSL) user, you can use textphone 18001 119 or the NHS 119 BSL interpreter service.
Booking your 2nd dose
Everyone needs to make sure they have a 2nd dose 8 to 12 weeks after their 1st dose.
- If you book online, you’ll be asked to book appointments for both doses. You can manage your COVID-19 vaccination appointments to view your appointments and rebook if you need to.
- If you’re 18 or over and have your 1st dose at a walk-in vaccination site, you can book your 2nd COVID-19 vaccination appointment online. You’ll need to wait 24 hours after your 1st dose before you can book.
- If you have your 1st dose through your GP surgery, you’ll be contacted when it’s time to book your 2nd dose.
- You can attend a walk in service to have your 2nd. Just make sure it is at least 8 weeks since your first vaccine.